The much anticipated Indie Beauty Expo is taking place in a few days and I am so looking forward to attend. It is probably the biggest green beauty event in New York City where Green brands and aficionados join to celebrate indie beauty brands and wellness.
It will be two full days of discovering new brands, testing products, connecting with the faces behind my favorite brands, and mingling with friends and other like-minded individuals.
If you are curious about natural beauty and how to start a green beauty regimen this is the place to be. Last year, IBE’s founder, Jillian Wright and her team exceeded everyone’s expectations and it was the talk of the town for days. This year there are over 100 brands participating and you get to speak directly to the founders and learn about their passion for the business, listen to industry leaders, and the best part: the discounts and samples you get while shopping during IBE.
Given how successful IBE has become after just one year, it is proof that green and natural beauty is more than just a trend. Consumers are asking for better options to conventional toxic products and want to get educated on better ingredients and performance. I am very excited that green beauty is finally getting the recognition it deserves!
This year expect a CAP Beauty demo of its elixir bar, a Shen Beauty brow bar, quick facial peels by Beauty RX, and a beauty panel moderated by Melisse Gelula, Well+Good’s co-founder along with Adina Grigore of S.W. Basics’ Alexis Krauss, co-founder of the Beauty Lies Truth blog, Sarah Villafranco of Osmia Organics, and Nadine Abramcyk of TenOverTen.
If you are visiting NYC to attend IBE or you are local looking to for a place to have a quick bite in between panels, I put short list of places to stop by and/or visit. I highly recommend downloading the app by Pressed Organic Juice Directory that gives you more than just organic juice places to go to.
- Gingersnaps Organics 10 minutes walk from IBE
113 West 10th Street (10th and Avenue of the Americas) 100% organic menu that is vegan, gluten free and raw. The nori roll and the superfood salad are some of my faves.
- Rosemary’s 12 minutes walk from IBE
18 Greenwich Avenue (corner of 10th Street) a Farm to table restaurant that serves seasonal Italian dishes that highlight the herbs and produce from the rooftop farm, as well as house-made pastas and a selection of focacce.
- HU Kitchen 10 minutes walk from IBE
78 5th Avenue (5th avenue btwn 13th and 14th) great for wifi and to recharge on unprocessed non gmo foods paleo and gluten-free from grass fed meats to well seasoned vegtables.
- Souen USQ 12 mins walk from IBE
28 East 13th Street (E 13th Street and University Place) Organic, macrobiotic & dairy-free dishes that are super delicious and affordable.
- Whole Foods at Union Square
- Juice Generation 28 East 18th Street
- Juice Press 122 West St, New York, NY 1001 (5th Ave and W 22nd st)
- Organic Avenue 216 8th Avenue (8t and W 21st St)
- Hu Kitchen 78 5th Avenue
- Ginger Snaps 113 West 10th Street
After IBE Drinks
- ABC Kitchen - you may need a reservation for dinner but the bar is always a good option
- Eataly Rooftop Bar or Restaurant - italian wines and food D.O.C.
- Vin Sur Vingt Large Selection of Organic and Biodynamic Wines with a French Vibe. Two locations 11th St and 7th ave and 5th Ave and 26th
Places to visit for More Green Beauty, Ethical Fashion and Sightseeing
- Chelsea Market
- The Highline
- Credo Beauty - Soho
- Savor Spa – West Village
- Cap Beauty - West Village
- ABC Home – The Ikea for Green People
- Reformation – Soho and Lower East Side
- Eileen Fisher –Soho
Let me know if you are attending!