Giovanna Battaglia is to me one of the best dressed women in the World. If given the chance, I would raid her closet in an instant. After all, swapping clothes is a way to build a sustainable closet. If you follow street style accounts, you know she is a regular. Her look is totally unique and She's the embodiment of Italian glamour. I think Milanese women are born with a style chip that no one else has, do they actually wake up like this?
In effort to show you that Sustainable and Ethical fashion can also be CHIC, I have attempted to recreate one of her latest looks during Paris Fashion Week with pieces from Patrick Paskho, Everlane, Maiyet, Bhava, Zady, TopHeads, and Sydney Brown.
You can get the look with eco options that are both fashionable and ethical!
- Patrick Pashko: Ruffle Sleeve Sweatshirt Tunic Black $68 – 100% cotton - All Paskho clothing is made from 100% reclaimed fabric and produced under safe, fair, legal and humane working conditions. Paskho gives 1% of every sale to support environmental organizations around the world.
- Everlane: The Twill Crop Pant $78 - The fabric is a mid-weight cotton twill with a touch of stretch. All Everlane clothing is made under fair conditions and a totally transparent supply chain.
- Maiyet: Sia Mini Bucket $595.00 - Each bag is finished in durable leather and cinches closed with a sporty drawstring. Headquartered in New York, Maiyet partners with NEST, an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to training and developing artisan businesses around the world.
- Zady: Sailor Chain Bracelet by Winifred Grace $235.00 - The handmade bronze traditional Sailor Chain Bracelet, was designed in Chicago and made in a workshop in Cuernavaca, Mexico, in which women from poor backgrounds are taught to make jewelry to raise themselves out of poverty. Sold at Zady.
- Top Heads: Tiki Skate $189.95 - The frame is made from recycled skateboard decks and polarised lenses.
- Bhava: Wide Black Cork Waste Belt $129 – Hand painted and hand made in Spain in Cork, a renewable resource, and soft eco-suede lining imported from Italy.
- Sydney Brown: Each shoe is handcrafted at a state-of-the-art factory near Porto, Portugal, under fair conditions and of vegan leather using non-animal fat glues
So what do you think? Did I nail it? Let me know by leaving a comment below.